Friday, May 2, 2014

The Zine, The Something, The Unusual

Probably the most important part of preparation already passed in the museum on Wednesday. Has to tell that it was very hard, long and hot day, aaargh

The book was ready by Wednesday and despite the fact that Asa said how much she ruined the book, it still looked perfectly. Work on the second book The Zine proceeded a little hard. It turned out so that there were no new works which could be added in the book. Well, except John's works and mine. Honestly, because of that I didn’t quite saw the point of this book, so I periodically went upstairs, where everything was in full swing over the installation or sometimes it was only 2-3 people who quietly and calmly discussed what can be removed and what needs to be corrected. Unexpectedly for myself I was able to help create something with this wall. Actually, I really liked it already when I saw it for the second time. Though I have not yet seen the end result. Anyway, but I came mostly not for the help in installation. I felt guilty that I was leaving John to work on the book. Therefore I wanted to ask people who didn't happen to get into the first book, whether they want to be in the second. There were enough people who wanted to participate, but we had to deal with a significant problem… We wanted to print on the same day and no one could send works "here right now". In general, works in the book didn't increased, as far as I 
know. The second problem was to come up with the cover. For the first book the idea came to me really quickly, in a minute, even at the moment when we began to think and reflect on the theme of the book in the classroom. But here it was a completely different situation. Maybe I was stressful or maybe absence of a certain idea for the book affected my imagination. And even when like a good idea came to my mind, it turned out that it was really difficult to implement it right there. We became friends with unfamiliar version of Photoshop quickly, but working without my true friend Wacom was entirely unrealistic (oh, I'm too used to it) Having tried to make something in a digital form and having understood that it turns out nothing, I drew on paper hoping to scan. Scanner, of course, Error 404: Was Not Found. In the end me and John were so exhausted and both agreed on opinion that let it be as it is now. And though I am not happy with my work, but it's better than nothing. 



Now, when almost everything ended and only little things needs to be done, I feel plenty of inspiration and energy. And the inspiration to do something that I would normally never do earlier  in my life and did not think that I will someday. But thanks to this class and projects, I gradually opened in myself something new and I feel like doing something completely unusual for me. Yay!


 p.s. By the way, I found interesting song "Turn This Mother Out" by Scott Brown. Maybe someone will like it, haha


No comments:

Post a Comment