Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Acid House Is Over

We finished it. We came with the plan to the museum, but it had to be put aside. Before our eyes there was not a garbage, it was quite a good things which we couldn't spoil in any way. And not all things were permitted to us. We couldn't draw, couldn't glue, etc. So we had to create a new idea, forgetting the original. We could use a thing, but at the same time couldn't touch it. As a result we began to built something from nothing. We added things which we didn't saw and didn't thought to add before. I was only a little help with the creation, but even because of that small help I already am proud of myself. I am proud that I opened and broadened my mind, I saw a new side of how you can create. People who remained up to the end were able to make the final touches, which is important. Thanks to them, visitors of the Berkeley Art museum will see the end result of what we were working. By the end the focus was more going on what "is not there", rather than "what is there"

Not all people can work in a short time. Somebody needs to sit down and think about the idea in ​​calm room, create all the details in the head and only then begin to realize imagination in real life. In our case, everyone had to work quickly and spontaneously. The old idea does not fit? Well, we immediately can think of another one! And begin to implement it on the go. Something does not work? Don’t worry! We can replace this and it will succeed. The tension was really great, everyone were tired and exhausted. But it's done.

Summing up the results of our collaborative project with the class purely for myself, I want to note the following:

1. I am a person by nature that is not conflicting and I usually like to work in team with someone. Always at heart I felt a certain enthusiasm from work with several people. So this time it was something incredibly overwhelming. So many interesting and creative people who have helped me to see things more widely and broader my horizons. For this I can only be grateful to the class and teachers

2. Yes, as I already said, my outlook and vision of the world and situations has changed somewhat. And, probably, still continues to change and long time will continue to do that. I will honestly say, that before I have never loved installations and in the majority of them didn't understand the meaning (or maybe I didn't want to understand? who knows) But this project not simply forced to open my eyes and look at the creation of installations in a different light, but also invited into his arms, as if telling «See, it isn't so bad in this world and you can create and embody the most craziest ideas you have» it was truly an unforgettable experience which absorbed me with the head for the first time. It makes me feel out of place, and in any other Universe … and I like this feeling.
3. ALWAYS check your email twice. Sometimes stucke in the web-network with your work email may not reach the addressee. And then what? And nothing, haha :) 

For everyone else? 

It seems to me that it helped some of us to better understand each other, to learn to hear other voices and to take them into account. In team work you stop being a single and an individual, everyone have to become more patient and restrained. This is what we learn from the collective work



No comments:

Post a Comment